2019/08/30

BIFB 2019 impressions

Interior National Centre for Photography
2019-08-25 15:05:00


I had my first visit to this years Ballarat International Foto Biennale. It was a Sunday. It was a typical cold winters day in Ballarat. Which is often colder than Melbourne being at a higher altitude. I was surprised by the lack of crowds, given it was the second day of the festival. I focused on the core program.

I was also very interested to see the new National Centre for Photography as well. The exhibition there titled Capital was engaging thought provoking and several works stunning visually. Sadly one projection/movie wasn’t running,  but overall the work was professional and worth exploring. The rest of the work on show at the new National Centre for Photography required a return visit two days later. The second visit revealed work that was eclectic and engaging even if some of the subject matter was difficult to encapsulate in one exhibition. The building so far is well fitted out and the exhibition spaces a mixture of sizes and scales making them a great venue for small photographic exhibitions. One exhibition I visited 2 days later had large scale prints.

As I do every Biennale, I photographed the wall in Police Lane, I have an ongoing album on flickr as well. [The image below will be uploaded when the time is right.]
 Police Lane, Ballarat  2019-08-27 13:51:51
Website | Tumblr | Twitter | Flickr

No comments:

Post a Comment