2019/04/17

Counting down the days

24 handmade exhibition catalogues
With my upcoming solo exhibition less than 10 days away from opening I’m feeling both nervous and excited. The last time I exhibited a solo show of silver gelatin prints was 1996. I was still learning HTML then.  Scanning any files to upload to the internet and had no unique uri or domain. My early experiments in mobile phone photography had their own blog This however still seemed somewhat seperate and different to exhibiting silver gelatin prints in a gallery space and had only operated since 2006. The print themselves I still have, but I have never digitised them, and all I have is a digitised version of the essay by Margot Rosser. I also barely knew how to use Microsoft word. It would be some years before I could use a program like Quark, and now of course I’m fairly fluent in Indesign. This means I can make my own mini exhibition catalogues. I made 24 catalogues for this show. As a process I enjoy it immensely. Logistically it means less work in the space.

Website | Tumblr | Twitter | Flickr

No comments:

Post a Comment