2019/06/18

Photobooks

All 16 books I purchased

Photobooks form a large part of my creative practice. This has been the case since the late 1980s. I was first introduced to photobooks at University by my lecturers there. Photobooks have continued to be a driving force and inspiration in much of my work. They of course also allow me to access photographer’s monographs and bodies of work even before the internet expanded that access. On a recent trip to New York City I took the opportunity to access the vast supply of books available to me at both galleries and bookshops. I came home with about 16 books. Some new, some second hand and one book that I had never thought I would see again after lending my copy to a former student.

The books are:-
  • The Secret Paris of the 30's [Brassai]
  • The Beautiful Mysterious: The Extraordinary Gaze of William Eggleston…
  • Ralph Eugene Meatyard: Stages for Being
  • Cindy Sherman: The Complete Untitled Film Stills
  • Robert Mapplethorpe: Polaroids
  • Robert Mapplethorpe: The Photographs
  • Joel Sternfeld: iDubai
  • Color Photography: A Working Manual by Henry Horenstein
  • Mirrors and Windows: American Photography since 1960
  • Martin Parr: Life's a Beach
  • Richard Ross: Architecture of Authority
  • Robert Frank: Hold Still, Keep Going
  • Down to Earth: Boyle Family in New Zealand
  • Bill Wood's Business: Text by Diane Keaton, Marvin Heiferman
  •  Ed Ruscha: Los Angeles Apartments
Once I have time to digest their contents I may share some thoughts here.

Website | Tumblr | Twitter | Flickr

No comments:

Post a Comment